Admission to doctoral study is restricted to applicants whose backgrounds show promise of scholarship in the field of study. The applicant for the DBA program must satisfy the general requirements for admission to graduate study at UIW and the following specific requirements:
- Completion of the Graduate Application for Admission with application fee.
- Official GRE scores sent from the Educational Testing Service to the Admissions Office (test should have been completed within the past five years).
- Official copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts of work completed to date.
- An earned master's degree in business administration or equivalent.
- Purpose statement explaining qualifications and fit for the DBA program.
- A minimum of two years of full-time professional employment and meaningful management experience within the past five years, subject to approval by the Program Admissions Committee.
- Three letters of recommendation, of which at least two must be from academic sources attesting to the applicant's potential for doctoral study.
- English proficiency: international applicants must demonstrate proficiency (minimum 550 on TOEFL, or equivalent) or completion of level 12 ELS. All demonstrate writing proficiency.
- Interview with Program Admissions Committee for the DBA program, including the writing assessment.
Regardless of English proficiency documentation, all students, including those entering UIW as cohort group members, will be evaluated for English writing proficiency upon arrival at UIW. If proficiency is deemed inadequate on the basis of UIW evaluation, students may not be allowed to take courses other than English as a Second Language until deficiencies are removed, and may be required to attend writing proficiency workshops.