Since its founding, University of the Incarnate Word has benefited from the voluntary
financial support of committed alumni and friends who recognize the importance of
the University’s mission of service to the community.
UIW is officially a non-profit, 501(c)(3) institution as determined by the Internal
Revenue Service. The university receives no direct support from the federal or state
government or the Catholic Church. Student tuition pays for 75 percent of UIW’s operational
budget for its many academic programs. The remaining amount must come from other sources
so that tuition remains affordable for all students, including those with financial disadvantages or students who are the first
in their family to attend college.
A gift to University of the Incarnate Word may be made to honor or memorialize a family
member or friend. All contributions are tax-deductible. There is no administrative
fee attached to any gift.
How will my gift benefit the University?
Your gift may be of any size and will be used just as you intend, going to the area
of your choice. For example, if you give $35 and above to Student Scholarships or
to Faculty Development, 100% of your gift will be made to that area of the University.
No matter what the amount, your gift will make a difference in the future of UIW and
What are the methods of giving to University of the Incarnate Word?
- Gifts through our web site – This is the quickest and most convenient way to make a gift to UIW, using your
credit card. UIW accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express cards.
- Gifts through the U.S. Mail – Fill in a PDF version of the form, then print and mail it in with your check payable
to University of the Incarnate Word, or with your credit card information, for the
full amount of the gift. Mail the form to:
University of the Incarnate Word
Office of Development
4301 Broadway, Box #317
San Antonio, TX 78209-6397
- Gifts by phone call – You have the option to call the UIW Development Department to make your gift by
credit card. The gift will be processed after you mail the Gift Form and it is received.
Please call (210) 829-6013 or 1-800-584-5322. Please call during business hours, Monday-Friday,
8:30am – 5:00pm CST.
- Gifts of Securities – In addition to cash gifts, UIW accepts gifts of securities, stocks, real and personal
property, and other financial instruments. Please call the Office of Institutional
Advancement at (210) 829-6071 to discuss and make arrangements, or email us at email@example.com.
- Pledges – Print out the form and mail in with an initial payment of your overall gift. The
balance will be billed as you specify in a letter included with the form: monthly,
quarterly, or annually.
- Matching Gifts – Thousands of companies have matching gift programs for their employees’ contributions.
Matching gifts can double or even triple the value of your gift at no additional cost
to you. Check with your company’s personnel or benefits office for matching gift information,
and if you qualify please include the proper forms with your contribution.
- Planned Giving – The Planned Giving office seeks future gifts for the University through your long-range
planning. Please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at (210) 829-6071
for more information.
How will my gift be acknowledged?
Acknowledgement will be made in several ways:
- Electronic Receipt – After you fill out the form, including your e-mail address, click “Submit.” You
should receive within one minute a web-based response acknowledging your gift to UIW.
- Postal Receipt – A letter from Dr. Louis Agnese, Jr., President of the University, and the Division
of Institutional Advancement will be mailed to acknowledge your gift. The letter should
arrive within 5 to 7 business days. The letter will serve as your official receipt
for federal income tax purposes.
- Annual Report – All donors to University of the Incarnate Word are acknowledged in the University’s
Annual Report. Copies of the Annual Report are mailed every year, in the fall, to
donors. If your gift honors or memorializes someone important in your life, that will
be noted as well in the Annual Report.
- If you wish for your gift to remain anonymous, provisions can be made at your discretion.
How can I send my gift to University of the Incarnate Word?
Please click on the link to make your gift online.
Other Ways to Give
There are many other ways to make a tax- deductible contribution to UIW. You can designate
your gift to the school or program of your choice or to one of our current initiatives. Learn
more about your options and choose the one that’s right for you. Learn More…
Making an Online Gift
Use our convenient online form to make a gift now! 100% of your gift will be made to the area of the University that you choose. No matter
what the amount, your gift will make a difference in the future of UIW and its students.
Make A Gift >