FIRST YEAR STUDENTS
So! You have decided you want to attend UIW! Here's what you have to do now.
- Submit an Application
- By Mail
- SAT and/or ACT Test Scores
(An official report must be received from the testing center. You can
request your score be sent to UIW by listing our code when you register
for the exam. Our code for the SAT is 6303, and ACT is 4106.)
- G.E.D. scores (if applicable). If you have achieved the General
Equivalency Diploma, an official score report must be submitted.
- AP/Achievement or CLEP Test Score (if taken)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Personal Statement/Essay
- Campus Interview/Visit
- Pay Confirmation Fee
This one-time $200 fee confirms intent to enroll for incoming freshmen
(Also called a Matriculation Fee)
- Apply for financial aid
- Apply for grants & scholarships
- List of UIW grants & scholarships
- The Jurren Sullivan Center for Fashion
Management awards several scholarships in the spring. The scholarships
are announced at The Cutting Edge Fiesta® Fashion Show. These
scholarships generally range from $500 to $1500. For a list of
scholarships which have been awarded in the past click here.
- Apply for on-campus housing
Students' medical records are confidential and maintained in the
Campus Health Center. All students living in on-campus residence halls
must have a current immunization record and health history record on
file with the Office of Health Services. Immunizations that are required
Copies of these immunizations and the health history record must
be provided to the Health Center before students begin classes.
- proof of a tetanus booster within the last ten years
Mumps and Rubella vaccine #1 & #2.
- Meningitis Vaccination
- The influenza vaccine is also strongly recommended for all students living in the residence halls.
- Immunization records can be mailed to:
Health Services CPO#30
San Antonio, TX 78209
- or emailed to: email@example.com
- Health history record may be filled out at the Health Services Office
- For additional information from Health Services
All first-time freshmen students are pre-scheduled for
courses. Please complete the online questionnaire and you will receive
your schedule within two weeks.
- Attend New Student Orientation
- Challenge Exams
If you are required to take ENGL 0312 or MATH 0318 and feel you should
be placed in a higher English or Math course, call the Testing Center
at (210)829-3876 to schedule an appointment to take a challenge exam.
To determine your course placement, click here
- Start Classes!