Interior Environmental Design



So! You have decided you want to attend UIW! Here's what you have to do now.

Transfer applicants are required to submit official transcripts from each institution attended, a completed application form, and the application fee. Students with fewer than 24 college credit hours are also required to submit an official high school transcript (with SAT or ACT scores) or official GED scores.

  1. Submit an Application
    • Online
    • By Mail
    • Include:
      • Transcript
      • If less than 24 college hours include:
        • SAT and/or ACT Test Scores (An official report must be received from the testing center. You can request your score be sent to UIW by listing our code when you register for the exam. Our code for the SAT is 6303, and ACT is 4106.)
        • G.E.D. scores (if applicable). If you have achieved the General Equivalency Diploma, an official score report must be submitted.
      • Optional:
        • Letter(s) of Recommendation
        • Personal Statement/Essay
        • Campus Interview/Visit
  2. Reserve your Spot!
    This one-time $200 fee confirms intent to enroll
    (Also called a Matriculation Fee)
  3. Apply for financial aid
  4. Apply for grants & scholarships
    • List of UIW grants & scholarships
    • The Jurren Sullivan Center for Fashion Management awards several scholarships in the spring. The scholarships are announced at The Cutting Edge Fiesta® Fashion Show. These scholarships generally range from $500 to $1500. For a list of scholarships which have been awarded in the past click here.
  5. Apply for on-campus housing
  6. Immunization

    Students' medical records are confidential and maintained in the Campus Health Center. All students living in on-campus residence halls must have a current immunization record and health history record on file with the Office of Health Services. Immunizations that are required are:

    • proof of a tetanus booster within the last ten years
    • Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine #1 & #2.
    • Meningitis Vaccination
    • The influenza vaccine is also strongly recommended for all students living in the residence halls.
    Copies of these immunizations and the health history record must be provided to the Health Center before students begin classes.
    • Immunization records can be mailed to:
      • UIW
        Health Services CPO#30
        4301 Broadway
        San Antonio, TX 78209
    • or emailed to:
    • Health history record may be filled out at the Health Services Office
    • For additional information from Health Services
  7. Attend New Student Orientation
  8. Start Classes!


More Quick Links