Welcome Committee: Join the Welcome committee, all UIW continuing students are eligible to volunteer to help international students during their first few weeks at UIW.
International Education Week Committee: Join the IEW committee, all UIW continuing students are eligible to volunteer to help plan and prepare for the U.S. Department of State initiative, a week in November celebrating the internationalization of UIW.
International Events Committee: Join the Events committee, all UIW continuing students are eligible to volunteer to help plan the best events UIW has to offer to international students during their time here in the U.S. and much more!
Education . Truth . Faith . Service . Innovation
Go to the following link to sign up to become an International Peer Mentor http://goo.gl/forms/obGrPv10Zi
The International Peer Mentor program is a volunteer program established to assist newly admitted UIW International students in their pre-arrival preparation and to help transition them into their new journey. This program of support and friendship continues throughout orientation and is ongoing formally during the first two terms of a student's life at UIW.
Mentor Selection Criteria
- Must have completed at least two semester (Fall & Spring semester), or a must be returning exchange student of UIW.
- Must be in a good academic standing.
- Submit at least two references (References can be UIW staff or professor, employer, other authority figure).
- All candidates must be screened for an interview.
Complete and submit the application form.
International Peer Mentor Duties
- Contacting newly admitted international students via e-mail.
- Answering questions about housing, transportation, adequate campus resources, and airport pick-up.
- Assist with International check- in.
- Assist new students on their pre-arrival.
- Assist with Fall and Spring International Student Orientation.
- Responsibility also include airport pick-up, shopping trips, and campus tour.
- Assist with orientation events such as trip to six flag, San Antonio Downtown and other attractions.
- Maintain contact with the International Advisor each quarter and respond to monthly update requests.
- Attend the UIW events and promote the attendance thereof.