The Mabee Library has implemented EZProxy, an easier method of accessing library
databases and online journals off-campus. If you use these resources from an on-campus
computer, your computer is identified as being on the UIW network and you can access
the resources seamlessly. EZProxy allows your off-campus computer to be identified
as part of the UIW network.
EZProxy will determine if you are a current student, faculty member or staff member
with the University of the Incarnate Word as a way to view e-resources.
Please note: some library resources do not respond well to any browser other than Internet Explorer
(IE). This is a publisher issue. If you are prompted by a publisher's screen for
username and password and you are using a browser other than IE, switch to IE.
How does Authentication work?
- You search for an online resource using PrimoSearch
- When you click on an online article name or if you select online text, you will be
given a list of databases.
- When you click on the database name, you will be prompted for your UIW Network (Cardinal
Email) username and password (see image below).
- Once this information is authenticated by the EZproxy service, you will be able to open
the article for viewing.
- You will only need to authenticate once during your searching session.
- Access the library web site, use the database tab on the homepage to search for specific
databases, or use the journals tab to search for electronic journals.
- When you locate the desired, database or journal, click on the name.
- At that point, EZProxy will prompt you for your username and password.
- You can now search and access articles freely without having to authenticate again.
- Log into UIW MyWord Portal from the UIW homepage with your username and password.
- Click on left-side navigation link Library
- Click on Access Library Resources
- A list of resources appears briefly and then the library homepage appears.
- You are now authenticated to the library resources.
- Start your searching. You should not be prompted for credentials again.
- call the UIW 24/7 Help Desk 210-829-2721, or toll free at 866-614-5043
Forgot E-mail/Network Login and Password?
- If you have forgotten your e-mail login, please call the UIW 24/7 Help Desk 210-829-2721, or toll free at 866-614-5043.