National Science Foundation Mathematics Scholars Program (NSF-MSP)
University of the Incarnate Word
Spring 2014, Non renewable
With approval from the National Sciences Foundation to utilize the residual funds
from the S-STEM grant, the department of Mathematics is pleased to announce the availability
of scholarships to students majoring in mathematics undergraduate programs. This scholarship
is for the Spring, 2014 only. The scholarship amount will be contingent upon the available
funds and number of students admitted but it is anticipated to be no less than $1,500
and no more than $2500. The scholarship can be applied to tuition and fees while enrolled
at UIW as a full time student majoring in mathematics. The scholarship also provides
travel support to UIW math department approved conferences and other benefits.
- Be a current UIW student with a declared major in Mathematics at the time of this
- Have a GPA of 2.7 or higher for all college level courses.
- Have a GPA of 2.7 or higher for all college level mathematics courses.
- Be eligible to receive federal financial aid and demonstrate financial need as determined
- Complete all application materials.
- Senior or Junior status in the fall of 2013.
- The application packet can be downloaded by clicking HERE.
- Complete the MSP application form (included) on paper.
- Write an essay (400-500 words) describing your career goals with mathematics degree
AND describe your participation with mathematics or math club related activities.
- Print a copy of your complete academic transcript from UIW Bannerweb.
- Request reference letters from two of your recent college level mathematics course
instructors. The letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org via e-mail no later than the application deadline.
Selection and Award Process
- Application deadline is 4:00 PM on Nov. 15th, 2013. The selection committee can will
only consider applications completed by the deadline.
- Submit the completed application packet, including the application document check
list to Dr. Wukovits at BSH 206 no later than the application deadline.
- The selection committee may invite certain applicants for interview.
- Decisions by the Selection committee will be initially communicated through email.
Official offering letter will be provided later.