The International concentration provides you with a broad business, economic, financial,
linguistic, and cultural background in preparation for international career opportunities.
To fulfill the requirements for this program, you must complete the:
A. 15 semester hours of core coursework, which includes:
B. 15 semester hours of coursework constituting the concentration
C. 6 semester hours of elective coursework
D. 3 semester hour CAPSTONE which integrates and culminates the program of study
E. Language-of-Choice proficiency
- Language chosen by you
- No language courses are included in the degree program
- You will be tested verbally and in writing for demonstrated proficiency
- This requirement should be covered during the first year in the program
F. International Experience (Outside the U.S.)
- International Business students, other than international students who attend UIW
on a student visa, must engage in a meaningful academic international experience (outside
the U.S.) as a condition of graduation.
- Study Abroad, study at a UIW international campus, short course-based/faculty-led
programs integrated into a course for which the student is registered, and approved
international internships may qualify.
- Other options for meeting the requirement may be proposed by the student in the semester
preceding the experience and will be considered prior to the experience on a case-by-case
basis by the student’s advisor.