Home  >  The Rosenberg School of Optometry  >  UIWRSO Student Services  >  Healthcare & Health Insurance

Healthcare & Health Insurance for Optometry Students

The Campus Health Center provides basic health services that focus on primary prevention care, health education and counseling, emergency care, and the maintenance of health records and insurance.

The Campus Health Center hours of operation during Fall and Spring Semester(s): Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. Friday, 8a.m. - 5 p.m.; Summer Hours: Mon - Fri 8 a.m. - 5 phealth.m. A Doctor is available on campus (Fall and Spring Semester only) in Health Services Mondays 3p.m. - 5p.m. and Tuesdays 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. No appointments are necessary. Students are seen on a walk-in basis. Health Services is located on the ground level of the parking garage on main campus, with the entrance across from the Nursing Building. There is a red awning above the entrance. The Phone Number is 210-829-6017.

All UIWRSO students are required to carry medical insurance. If the student does not have medical insurance, they may obtain this coverage through the University Health Insurance Plan. Once a student is enrolled, eligible dependents may also be enrolled. A copy of insurance coverage policy may be obtained at the following link http://www.uiw.edu/health/hinsurance.html.



RSO Events

view all events

Contact Information

The Rosenberg School
Of Optometry

9725 Datapoint Dr

San Antonio, Texas 78229



UIWRSO Clinic Network

210-283-6800 (for appointments)