For further information or if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us:
University of the Incarnate Word
4301 Broadway, CPO #99
San Antonio, TX 78209-6397
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
The mission of the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences is to provide students with a contemporary and forward-thinking foundation in the basic and applied pharmaceutical sciences.
The department is committed to its mission by embodying the university’s core values in a context of faith. The activities of the department benefit society through professional and community service. Innovation and truth are pursued through the scholarship of teaching and discovery, and the application of fundamental scientific principles to the profession of pharmacy. Excellence in education is accomplished through curricular integration of basic, pharmaceutical, and clinical sciences.
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences envisions itself as a leader in pharmaceutical science education and research, serving the people of South Texas.
The department will accomplish this vision through the following goals:
- Recruit and retain highly qualified and motivated faculty who will maintain an intellectually stimulating and collegial environment by focusing on student centered teaching and research.
- Collaborate with the Department of Pharmacy Practice to develop highly qualified professionals, to conduct cutting-edge applied and educational research, and to provide integrated education.
- Provide challenging coursework to meet present and future professional needs and prepare graduates to be thorough and conscientious inter-professional healthcare providers.
- Incorporate new discoveries and innovations into the curriculum to provide students with current information and instill the importance of life-long learning.
- Foster the development of ethical, critical, and independent thinking.
- Espouse and model professional behaviors and attitudes.
- Encourage and enable the faculty and the department to advance research and education programs to stimulate continuing scientific inquiry through acquisition of resources and funding.
- Conduct scholarly activity in collaboration with scientists and practitioners outside of the Feik School Pharmacy.
- Provide resources to develop faculty as professionals, educators, and scholars.
- Support and contribute to the mission of the School and University in teaching, scholarship and service.