The University of the Incarnate Word is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, doctorate, and professional degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of University of the Incarnate Word.
Entry-Level DPT Program Accreditation
The entry-level Problem-Based Learning Doctor of Physical Therapy program at the University of the Incarnate Word is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA, 22314; phone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://capteonline.org.
Please note that the post-professional online Doctor of Physical Therapy program at the University of the Incarnate Word is not subject to accreditation by CAPTE.
The Policy for Compliance with Accreditation Policies and Procedures defines the procedures for maintaining ongoing compliance with CAPTE criteria and standards. The School of Physical Therapy, through its policies and procedures, is committed to assuring compliance with the evaluative criteria established by CAPTE.
The School of Physical Therapy is committed to maintaining complete compliance with all accreditation criteria as prescribed by CAPTE. This includes but is not limited to timely submission of all required documents including:
- Annual Accreditation Reports (AAR)
- Self-study Reports
- Program data related to admission, graduation, and outcome measures
- Timely submission of all fees associated with CAPTE accreditation
- Timely notice of any planned or unexpected substantive program changes
- Timely notice of institutional factors which may affect the program
- Timely remediation of any situation which may result in CAPTE non compliance
The Dean or designee(s) will be responsible for maintaining CAPTE compliance (UIW Faculty Handbook, Organization/Governance – Academic Deans Roles and Responsibilities; Chapter 2: 17. May 2014)
CAPTE Contact Information
If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call 210-283-6477 or email email@example.com. The School of Physical Therapy at the University of the Incarnate Word at is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; Telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.capteonline.org.
Additional CAPTE Contact Information:
- Sandra Wise, PhD - Director Phone: 703-706-3240; Email: email@example.com
- Candy Bahner, PT, DPT, MS - Lead PT Programs Specialist Phone: 703-706-3242; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eva Donley - Accreditation Office Manager PT Programs Phone: 703-706-3243; Email: email@example.com
American Physical Therapy Association
Phone: 703-684- 2782 / 800-999 2782
Fax: 703-684 7343