Computer Competency Challenge Exam
(Only for UIW students)
Procedures for Taking a Computer Competency Challenge Exam:
- Computer Competency Challenge exams are available Monday-Friday by appointment only.
- The Computer Competency Challenge Exam may be taken to obtain credit (3 hours) or simply to waive the course requirement (without receiving credit hours). The test is the same; the payment and process are
- Pick up a Request for Credit by Examination form in the Registrar’s Office. Have it signed by your advisor and approved by the
Registrar. The test MUST be taken within a month of the date on the form, or new approval
must be obtained. The form must be presented to Testing Services staff at the time
of the appointment.
- TO WAIVE the course requirement: After you have processed your Request for Credit by Examination form, schedule an appointment by calling Testing Services at (210) 829-3876. To secure
your appointment, you will need to pay a non-refundable, non-transferable $15 administrative fee with UIW’s Business Office at (210) 829-6043. If we do not have a record of your receipt number at least 48 hours before the date
of your test, the appointment will automatically be cancelled. On the day of the test, bring a current government-issued photo ID, and the yellow
copy of the Request for Credit by Examination form properly processed (even though no credit hours will be earned).FEES:
TO RECEIVE CREDIT: Fill out an Application for Challenge Exam form (found in the Registrar’s Office) prior to the test, fill out the Request for Credit by Examination form and get the relevant signatures. Call Testing Services at (210) 829-3876 or
stop by AD 216 to make an appointment, and secure your spot by paying a non-refundable, non-transferable $15 administrative fee with UIW’s Business Office at (210) 829-6043. If we do not have a record of your receipt number at least 48 hours before the date
of your test, the appointment will automatically be cancelled. Prior to the test, take the Application for Challenge Exam form to the Business Office to pay 40% tuition for 3 credit hours (based on the current schedule of tuition fees,
depending on your classification as a main campus, ADCaP, Virtual University student,
etc.). Bring a current government-issued photo ID, the Request for Credit by Examination form, a receipt issued by the Business Office upon payment, and the Application for Challenge Exam form at the time of the test.
||UIW Administrative Fee to secure the appointment(TO WAIVE OR FOR CREDIT)
||Non-refundable, non-transferable. Payable by cash, personal check or credit card no later than 48 hours prior to the
|40% tuition for 3 hrs
||You must pay this fee and process the Application to Challenge form before the date
of the test.
- You will have up to 3 hours to complete your test. The exam includes both multiple-choice
questions and module assignments.
- You must earn a score of at least 70% to pass the test. The official results will
be sent to the Registrar’s Office and should be applied to your transcript within
- If you are more than 15 minutes late, we reserve the right to open your seat to other
students who are waiting to test.