Graduate Admissions

Next Steps for Admitted Graduate Students

Home  >  Graduate Admissions  >  Next Steps for Admitted Graduate Students

Congratulations on Your Acceptance to Graduate School at UIW!

Follow the next steps for admitted graduate & doctoral students:

(Click here if you're not a graduate or doctoral student.)

  • Submit all final & official transcripts

    Final and official transcripts, from all colleges and universities attended, must be submitted, to the Office of Research and Graduate Studies, or you cannot register for classes. Transcripts may be sent:


    Attention: Graduate Admissions

    Office of Research and Graduate Studies,

    4301 Broadway St., Administration Building, Room AD 1A, 

    San Antonio, TX 78209
  • Know your advisor

    Make note of the name and contact information of your advisor. You will find this information on your acceptance letter.

  • View schedule of classes

    You can view the class schedule online here. Click on "Schedule of Classes."

    There are three terms within each semester; two eight-week terms (mini terms), and one 16-week term (traditional term). Make sure you note the start and end date of your class selections.

  • Contact your advisor

    Contact your advisor to schedule an advising and registration appointment. Approval to register for courses will be given at this time. 

    You will need to complete a paper registration form the first time you register.

    Take the signed registration form to the Registrar's Office for your registration to be completed.

    You will be able to register online in subsequent semesters, but you will need to meet with your advisor to get your alternate PIN (personal identification number) for your initial registration.

  • Register early and apply for financial aid

    Check the website for registration dates.

    Students may apply for financial assistance by submitting the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form. FAFSA applications may be filed with the UIW Office of Financial Assistance, or online at www.fafsa.ed.govUIW school code: 003578.

  • Submit Proof of Meningitis Vaccination

    It is state law for any student under 22 years of age intending to enroll at a Texas college or university to submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination. You must submit the appropriate documentation prior to course registration. 

    Please refer to the UIW Health Services website for further information and a list of locations that offer the vaccination.

  • Attend New Graduate Student and Family Orientation
    Our award winning orientation provides both the student and family a sense of belonging to the UIW community. We want to introduce you to the various departments and resource areas whom will assist with your transition to UIW. We look forward to meeting you at this memorable and informative half-day orientation.

Contact the Office of Research and Graduate Studies if...

  • You intend to change the academic program to which you were admitted for a different program. This will require submission of a new application.
  • You cannot attend this term and would like to defer your decision to an alternate semester. Your decision can be deferred for up to one calendar year. 
  • You have any other questions regarding your transition into the university as a graduate student.
 Office of Research and Graduate Studies

210-805-3555 | Fax:210-805-35-59


Connect with us using #UIWGradstudies #UIWResearch

Facebook | Twitter