Office of Research Development
The Office of Research Development (ORD), located within the Office of Research and Graduate Studies, is the research arm of UIW, responsible for the promotion and support of scholarship and creative activity throughout the institution.
The ORD provides a variety of support services and oversight for research compliance, funding, and engagement, including:
- Research-related institutional policy and procedure development
- Administration of the university’s human research protection program and Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Research compliance training
- Clinical trials registration
- Review of compliance with reporting requirements and regulatory oversight of sponsored projects
- Management of internal funding opportunities for faculty and students
- Assistance with external funding searches
- Grant writing and grants management training
- Sponsored projects coordination
- Dissemination of information on funding opportunities, sponsor requirements, federal policies, and national best-practices
- Researcher support for development and analysis of statistical data
- Organization of annual Research Week
- Support for on-campus conferences and research-related events
The Office of Research Development serves as the hub for UIW's Institutional Review Board, clinical trial registration, responsible conduct of research, and university research policy operations. We conduct on-demand training as needed and will always gladly review proposals and active projects for continued compliance.
The Office of Research Development offers several opportunities and resources for faculty and students to find funding for their research and research related endeavors.
- Internal Funding for Faculty
- Internal Funding for Students
- External Funding
- Resources for Researchers
The Office of Research Development organizes research engagement activities such as, the annual Research Week, support for teams hosting conferences or academic events on campus, and offers a variety of research training opportunities for the UIW community.
Office of Research Development Staff
Ana Wandless-Hagendorf, PhD, CPRA
Administration Building, Suite 1A
Dr. Hagendorf coordinates the University's research compliance programs, research and grants-related training and development, and university research policy operations.
Trinidad Macias, PhD
Sponsored Projects Coordinator
Mabee Library, Room 238
Dr. Macias manages research funding programs, coordinates research engagement activities such as the annual Research Week, and supports sponsored projects training and development.
David Fike, PhD
Dr. David Fike assists faculty and students with quantitative research analysis.